Hello! I hope you’re hungry, because I’ve got a delicious recipe inspired by Cinex by Ionic (a Cartridge).
Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella and Crusted with Parmesan, with Roasted Vegetables
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (1 per person)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (0.5 ounce per person)
- Parmesan Cheese (not grated)
- Garlic (1 clove per person)
- Onion (1 small onion per person)
- Red Bell Pepper (0.5 pepper per person)
- Yellow Bell Pepper (0.5 pepper per person)
- Potato (1 per person)
- Asparagus (5-8 stalks per person)
- Oil (vegetable or olive)
- Your Favorite Spices
My usual rule of thumb is to make my recipes in terms of the number of people I am cooking for. I made this dish for just my fiancé and myself, but we like to have left overs so I make enough for four. I usually keep in mind their likes and dislikes as well. For example, my fiancé won’t eat asparagus so I don’t need to cook any for him. However, we both really like onions and potatoes, so sometimes I add a little extra. Feel free to adjust my portions and ingredients for what your family will enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Clean the potatoes and chop into small squares.
- Clean the asparagus and cut the bottom of the stalks off.
- Clean the bell peppers, cut the tops and bottoms off, and cut into long slices.
- Peel the skins off of the onions, cut the tops and bottoms off, and cut into circles. Push the layers apart.
- Remove the skins from the cloves of garlic. Cut half of them into thin slices and mince the other half.
- Place all ingredients from steps 2-6 into a large bowl, coat with oil and spices, and toss to coat evenly.
- Evenly place the ingredients on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice the parmesan cheese into thin slices (enough to coat the top of the chicken breasts). Set aside.
- Shred the mozzarella (you can use whole mozzarella if you prefer). Set aside.
- Rinse and prep the boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then cut them hoagie style.
- Fill the chicken breasts with the mozzarella cheese.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Place the baking sheet of vegetables in the oven.
- Sear both sides of the chicken breast in the oil (about 60 seconds on each side).
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet (prep with aluminum foil to reduce dish labor).
- Add a layer of parmesan cheese to the top of the chicken breasts.
- Place the baking sheet with the chicken breasts in the oven.
- Set a timer for fifteen minutes. Continue to monitor and check the internal temperature of the chicken. Remove the vegetables and chicken when the internal temperature of the chicken has reached a minimum of 165ºF.
- Plate and serve!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! I’d love to hear how it went!
Thanks for reading!